 Events / BrickFest / 3377 (-20)
  Who built Solomon's Temple at Brickfest 2005?

Can anyone tell me who built the model of Solomon's Temple at Brickfest 2005? (URL) That's pretty sweet (and of obvious interest to me since I'll have to build it myself eventually). Are there more photos of it? What's the deal with all the shiny (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: Who is responsible for this?

"Jeremiah VanderMark" <Doggybot_37@yahoo.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message > Yeah, it was me. I have a few shots of the Thomas-Bot having some fun on the (...) This is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. So much so I am actually (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Who is responsible for this?

(...) Yeah, it was me. I have a few shots of the Thomas-Bot having some fun on the BF05 train layout (URL) here> (once moderated). Thanks for the comments; he was really a last-minute build (literally the night before 'fest) and therefore not as (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: Who is responsible for this?

(...) Jeremiah VanderMark. ~Kevoh (19 years ago, 4-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Who is responsible for this?

(URL) Just found it in one of the BF galleries (note that it was placed by Tim David in his folder after resize for the .trains sidebar much later) So.... who came up with this wonderful (not to mention hilarious) idea anyway? Legoswami (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) 1.94 GB, which is the full resolution capture from the video camera. I'm going to edit it slightly when I have time, and that will make it smaller, but probably not by much. (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pics Posted including GBC Video

(...) of the FLL competition on Saturday. Sadly Team Hassenplug did not win :-( Thank you Steve for not having a team cadence. Our goals were different, than in previous years. NONE of them involved a team cadence. This year, it was more about "The (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) (URL) NP-complete> is a class of difficult problems in Computer Science. In general it's a problem too difficult to be solved exactly. A well-known example is the (URL) traveling salesman problem>. In my talk I sort of glossed over this. While (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) Yes, the (URL) ACM> is the Association for Computing Machinery. It's the organization for computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, etc. professionals. The main publication, Communications of the ACM, is what I was (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pics Posted including GBC Video

(...) I found another CF card and uploaded some additional pics as well as a few videos of the FLL competition on Saturday. Sadly Team Hassenplug did not win :-( Thank you Steve for not having a team cadence. MVI_2676.AVI and MVI_2677.AVI are from (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) Hi Larry, It was great to see you again at BrickFest. I appreciate your interest in my pneumatics creations. I've already had the pleasure of co-authoring with Dr. Soh, and would enjoy it again if it were to take place. I've tested the waters (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) I was only asking for the technical details and missed the ACM article bit in the original post, but I assume it refers to this ((URL) would seems a suitable home for a technical discussion about the work. That is just a guess though. Tim (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) What exactly is an ACM article. Sorry for my ignorance--but I for one have no problem exposing it. Tommy Armstrong (URL) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) Oh me too! I wanted to ask but figured I might be the only one so I'm so happy you asked. I'd love to see a technical account, I'm particularly interested in the combinatorics of the problem (if any were considered too) but all of it is (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) I missed your presentation that day. How technical was it? You probably explained NP-complete briefly, and I'm guessing you didn't go into the computer science part of everything except what was necessary. I'm curious if you have a more (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) Kevin, And after you write a few articles for Brickjournal it is my hope that you would complete them in a book on pneumatics (maybe along with CS?). I spoke with others at Brickfest and they said they would buy the book and I would probably (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: [SNIP] Hi Mark, (...) I figured that if you're going to write an article for BrickJournal on pneumatic basics up through sequencers, you would probably want to talk about the simplest gates, the single output (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) "Terrific" is a pretty general response...I would add the following: 1) GBC exceeded all of our expectations as we prepared for Brickfest 2) The room was NOT large enough to accomodate the GBC or the crowd 3) I watched as many kids were simply (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) Yup. I gave a talk on the software at Brickfest, "Automated Brick Layout" I posted the slides from that talk in my brickshelf folder: (URL) Please feel free to post photos. Thank you! -dw (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) Kevin, I think "differential output" is what I really meant, though I called it "no leak" because the supply never leaks, one output or the other is always pressurised and there is never a state where both outputs leak. There is also only one (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact