 Events / BrickFest / 3372 (-10)
  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) 1.94 GB, which is the full resolution capture from the video camera. I'm going to edit it slightly when I have time, and that will make it smaller, but probably not by much. (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pics Posted including GBC Video

(...) of the FLL competition on Saturday. Sadly Team Hassenplug did not win :-( Thank you Steve for not having a team cadence. Our goals were different, than in previous years. NONE of them involved a team cadence. This year, it was more about "The (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) (URL) NP-complete> is a class of difficult problems in Computer Science. In general it's a problem too difficult to be solved exactly. A well-known example is the (URL) traveling salesman problem>. In my talk I sort of glossed over this. While (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) Yes, the (URL) ACM> is the Association for Computing Machinery. It's the organization for computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, etc. professionals. The main publication, Communications of the ACM, is what I was (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pics Posted including GBC Video

(...) I found another CF card and uploaded some additional pics as well as a few videos of the FLL competition on Saturday. Sadly Team Hassenplug did not win :-( Thank you Steve for not having a team cadence. MVI_2676.AVI and MVI_2677.AVI are from (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) Hi Larry, It was great to see you again at BrickFest. I appreciate your interest in my pneumatics creations. I've already had the pleasure of co-authoring with Dr. Soh, and would enjoy it again if it were to take place. I've tested the waters (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) I was only asking for the technical details and missed the ACM article bit in the original post, but I assume it refers to this ((URL) would seems a suitable home for a technical discussion about the work. That is just a guess though. Tim (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) What exactly is an ACM article. Sorry for my ignorance--but I for one have no problem exposing it. Tommy Armstrong (URL) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) Oh me too! I wanted to ask but figured I might be the only one so I'm so happy you asked. I'd love to see a technical account, I'm particularly interested in the combinatorics of the problem (if any were considered too) but all of it is (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) I missed your presentation that day. How technical was it? You probably explained NP-complete briefly, and I'm guessing you didn't go into the computer science part of everything except what was necessary. I'm curious if you have a more (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact