 Events / BrickFest / 2669
2668  |  2670
Subject:
My BrickFest Bummer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:43:19 GMT

My family does two big things every summer - we host a huge backyard family
party and go to the Jersey Shore (Avalon) for a week of vacation.

And every year, BrickFest falls on either the summer party or during the
shore trip. What a bummer.

Look at what I'm missing...
- Finally meeting and mingling with fellow Lego fans from around the world
- Admiring room after room of jaw-dropping amazing creations
- Seeing the huge train layouts in person
- A personalized Lego name badge
- Showing off my meager MOC's
- The unveiling of new products from Lego
- Space vs. castle
- Piles and piles of Lego scattered all over the floor
- Moonbase!
- The Brick Bazaar! (this bums me out)
- Pick-A-Brick
- A run to the Lego Outlet
- The opportunity to pick up all sorts of cool promotional material such as
the AFOL Comic, a commemorative train container and a DC 2004 Collector Pin.

Drat.

If you can attend BrickFest this year, please enjoy yourself.

I will be having a great time with my family on the beach. But when I get
back, I will be scanning Lugnet and Brickshelf for the reports and pictures.

To Christina and the rest of the BrickFest organizers - I wish you the best
of luck for the event. Thank you for donating your time and devotion. Maybe
next year for me!

Bryan