 Events / BrickFest / 2275
  ISD group build--New Record

At BF PDX 2004, as wwe all know, there was the timed build to get the Imperial Star Destroyer built faster than the previous time (1:13: The Team: Holger Mathes Christopher Schermann Bob Kojima Thomas Garrison Nik Pieniazek Ben Schwartz Scott Lyttle (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) Looks like Thomas Garrison was part of the fastest ISD build ever. Cool! (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

And here we go. Video only, no audio capabilities on my little digital camera. <members.cox.net/mee...dcrash.avi ISD Drop> --Ryan W. (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

Sorry, let me try that again. :) (URL) ISD Drop> (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) The velvet rope needs to be pushed back. I saw a few people get "wet" from the "splash." :) John (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) OMG I can't believe they actually did that! And no pieces were damaged? Quite funny to watch though - as long as it's not my ISD... -Bryan (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

Bryan Wong wrote in message ... (...) Hey Bryan, when you eventually want to take your ISD apart to use the pieces for something else, bring it to a VLC meeting and we'll drop it for you! LOL Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

"Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ht8wxp.zHK@lugnet.com... (...) I was amazed by two things: 1. the portion of the frame that remained intact 2. the fact that none of the Technic beams broke. I was figuring that some (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) Congratulations on a great build! (...) Here are mine... (URL) Unless you were one of the builders, you'll probably find these photos extremely boring. I took an excessive number of shots while experimenting with different shutter speeds, (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) That is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. Unless Gary has like 3 hands, who else was involved in the toss? (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) It looks like Scott Lyttle, based on Todd's photos. John (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) Yeah, it was Scott Lyttle and Nik Pieniazek helping out. And I finally got my movies uploaded too. Mine has sound! If you're looking for a nicely compressed .wmv weighing in at a nice light 378K, try (URL) this one>. If, however, you like the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) Gary McIntyre was there as well on the front of the ISD. Check out some of the reactions of the crowd when you can see the pics. I think that one of Todd Lehman's with the tower separating in mid air is incredible... Geoff Gray, Binkmeister (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) Also the fastest recorded ISD disassembly. ;-) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) That one is going to be hard to top unless someone builds an accelerator or we do it in a higher gravity environment, I'm thinking... :-) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

Hm.. It seems to be a tad rear-heavy :) Good thing it's not that very stable so there's not that much forces on the bricks as it hits the ground. Still very amazing not a single brick was damaged! I'd guess some plates, technic bricks and pins would (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) That was great! The only thing missing was a crowd of little kids running in to scoop up the parts, piñata-style! James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) true, the fastet RECORDED...3 weeks ago mine fell of the shelf in my basement, from 6 feet up. Not as separated as the one at PDX, but a mess nonetheless. Don't know which cat to blame.... Paul (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)