 Events / BrickFest / 1773
Needed: NT Servers and fast connections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 02:51:04 GMT

Hi guys,

I'm looking for additional servers for a BrickFest live broadcast.  Basically
you need to have:

-A relatively fast machine with NT4/Windows2000 Server that can be installed,
modified, then blown away and reformatted after August 8th.

-Fast network connectivity with no ports being firewalled.

Email me if you have such equipment/connectivity--presumably this is other
academic lab sysadmins etc.

I'm in process of rounding out our plans for the BrickFest keynote broadcast.
I've nailed down our encoder end in Arlington and am currently organizing our
server backend in Toronto.  Stay tuned for more information.

If all goes well, non-attendees will be able to watch the festivities from the
comfort of their own home.

Calum