 Events / BrickFest / 1345
1344  |  1346
Subject:
International Animators Encouraged to submit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 13:48:49 GMT

I want to make certain that everyone is aware that the rules regarding
submission format, while they are specific, are not intended to prevent
anyone from being able to submit an entry. If you are located in a country
not using the NTSC format, and I know of only one continent doing so, you
can still enter.

I simply need you to contact me to discuss alternatives to the NTSC format
and a video tape medium. If you contact me, I can research other methods of
converting your format to the NTSC video tape format. For example, I work at
a university that has the means of converting PAL formated tapes to NTSC.
While this would mean that I incur a small charge for making the conversion,
the fee is small.

The idea of the format rules is two fold: (A) I can more easily and quickly
combine all entries into a single video tape and use one medium for public
showing. (B) I cannot think of any film festivals that allow you to submit
CD-Rom. If you know of one that has a public showing in a theatre, please
let me know.

I am willing to make any changes in the sumbission policy on a case by case
basis and I will post those changes here. That does not mean that the rules
change for everyone. If you can make a NTSC video tape, then that is the
method of submission you must use. But as people make requests of me I will
inform the boards which submission they will be allowed to use.

A side note: I cannot be responsible for any technical problems that arise
from converting from one format to another. I will make every attempt to
convert your format to one that the audience will enjoy.

I firmly state the commitment that every first priority entry that reaches
will be shown to the public. It might not be in the format or medium you
submited, but it will be shown and entered if possible. Even if that means
pointing the video camera at the computer screen and converting your entry
that way, but only as a last resort. I put too many great people through the
pain of watching my laptop issues grind the animation festival to a halt, to
every, and I mean ever, do that again!

So please write or call me and I we will arrive at a format that will enable
your hard work to be shown publically.

Todd