 Events / BrickFest / 1122
Re: Pictures are up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 02:07:15 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jon Palmer writes:

-Jon
--
| The Shipyard - http://zemi.net/shipyard
| My Lego Creations - http://zemi.net/lego
| Attack of the Bricks - http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

Uhh...  this is too much...

I WANT TO GO TO BRICKFEST!

But I guess the chances of a twelve year old kid from Florida going is
pretty slim...
I'm 15, and from the Tampa Bay area.  It's entirely possible.

I want point out some unposted stuff I like:

Chris Gidden's Space stuff:

A blockade-runnerish spaceship built Jonathan Mizner:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=213853 • I'll get around to taking photos soon, I swear...

A cool ship by Bram:
That thing was awesome.  It's a classic three-wing design, but Bram built it
so that the bottom wing can hinge up THROUGH the body, folding completely up
into.  Then the side wings fold down as well, and gear deploys, so that the
fighter can land in a compact space.  I'm hoping he'll post it soon...
Another picture at: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=215528

And a *great* Hoth battle scene:
The Hoth battle scene took up most of the Star Wars room, and was
incredible.  They filled it up with lots of little jokes, like the
stormtrooper half-crushed by the walker (the one on the right), the Rebel
trooper eating a popcicle, and the snowman.  The entire thing was detailed,
from the floor lights in the hanger, to the pilot transport, and the gun
turrets.  Unfortunately for them, Lindsay brought his battleship...

Wow!

I'm envious...

-JHK