 Events / BrickFest / 1083
Re: My random thoughts and comments on Brickfest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:29:53 GMT

"Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  I actually rather like Scott's idea.  The problem with implementation,
  of course, is that the "master class" wouldn't be especially large now
  given that this was only our second year with a major, formal slate
  of awards

You could also throw in other competitions like the International System
Creativity Contest over at 1000Steine.de or the Classic
Space/Blacktron/Iceplanet contests here.  There was a big Star Wars contest
a while back.  Lots of smaller contests here and there like that Halloween
contest or the create-a-minifig contest.  Of course there are awards like
CLSOTW, the new 1000Steine.de equivalent, L-Draw's monthly contest, etc.  Of
course, if you include too many of these, everyone will qualify for the
"master class" and you won't have anyone in the normal class.  :)

...The other events would be like the elimination rounds for the finals
:-)

...Actually, it wasn't too hard identifying the entries that clearly
belonged in a "master" category. There were only a few entries that I
would hate to decide which end of the cut off they landed on (wouldn't
want to tell someone "Well, its nice, but not quite there"... :-/

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com