 Events / BrickFest / 1082
Re: My random thoughts and comments on Brickfest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:26:58 GMT

1) Even though MOC judging isn't easy, and before I open up the can of
worms, I've seen some convention contests create a "Master Class", which is
comprised of people who have already won "x" number of awards.  The reason
for this was to prevent the same people from winning each year and causing
much disappointment for new people.  The idea is to place all of our
well-established award winners to be in their own category.  It's still
running around in my head, but something like 1) Master Class Castle, 2)
Master Class Space, 3) Master class train, 4) Master class Technic, 5)
Master class misc, and then maybe 6) Best of Show Master Class. (tentative
idea, open for suggestion/interpertation/discussion/modification/cancellation)

...I really like this idea. Its a good way to save us from being
overwhelmed by the likes of Adrian and Lindsay and the Hoth battle scene
guys while still being able to recognize the incredible work they do.

...Remind me of this in 8 months or so and we can see about hammering
out how we can work it :-)
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com