 Events / 972
Re: Brickfest 20003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:40:47 GMT

In lugnet.events, Ross Crawford wrote:
And thanks to Calum for organising the webcam - worked like a charm most of the
time (well had some problems when lar started handing out some prizes, but I'M
SURE the two aren't connected....)

PS: Any chance of a separate audio only feed for next year? Might enable those
with slower links to enjoy it a bit too ;)

No problem at all.  I"m glad everyone enjoyed watching.

As for an audio only feed, I had considered it at a time to actually run a
IceCast/Shoutcast MP3 audio feed or possibly an audio only Windows Media feed.
I will probably consider it next year and also reduce the bitrate down to 128K
instead of 250K for video streams.  The quality difference may be worse, but I'd
rather have fluid video instead of higher keyframe quality.

I have this suspicion about the Media Servers which I need to confirm, but we
have a year to figure it out...

Calum