 Events / 612
611  |  613
Subject:
Pirate Wars/BrikWars at Gaming Cons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:15:20 GMT

Salutations,

I just finished attending Egygtian Campaign Gaming Convention in Carbondale,
IL this past weekend. I gamemastered twenty plus hours of pirate wars and my
fellow pirates and I had a blast. I also tried my hand at BrikWars with
mixed results.  I will post pictures as soon as possible.

The main purpose of my post is to incite interest in attending smaller
conventions to play PW/BW. The threads initiated by Frank Filz, Mike
Rayhawk, Steve Jackson, and others show a definite interest playing on a
regular basis. Steve Jackson ran his pirate game last year at Archon and one
of his players, Doug Mikkelson, has been running pirate games at different
convention in northern IL. Doug and I have been running pirate games at
Egyptian Campaign for the last seven years.

If we start listing the conventions and gathrerings we will be attending, we
can coordinate plans to meet and play PW/BW. What newsgroup should we use to
annouce our plans, events or fun.gaming? We can use the newsgroup to
describe the event and location then use email to coordinate plans and
attendance.

These are the conventions I will be attending this rest of this year.
Gencon    Aug 8-1      Milwaukee
Archon    Oct 4-6        St. Louis

I cannot attend Brickfest because of scheduling conflicts. But plans can
change and I hope my schedule does as well.

So I hope to see you all at some time

James