 Events / 225
224  |  226
Subject:
[rtlToronto] Summer Lego Events in Toronto!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 14:28:14 GMT

Hi folks,

rtlToronto7 in February was to date our most successful Lego
event with ten robot entries and seventy plus audience.  Coming up in the
next few months, we have lots more being planned:

rtlToronto May Monthly Dinner
-----------------------------
Friday, May 18th, 2001 - Mel's Montreal Deli, Toronto, 440 Bloor St W

Drop by for dinner with good Lego chat and conversation-a place to meet
other Lego fans in the GTA!  Pre-train1 show planning is on the agenda.

rtlToronto/train1: All Aboard!
------------------------------
Saturday, May 26th, 2001 - Richview Public Library, Etobicoke

train1 is our very first rtlToronto Lego Train Event, where train
enthusaists in the GTA and Southern Ontario areas will come out to stage a
train show completely made of Lego!  If you have Lego Train stuff, you're
encouraged to email us and get into the planning in our newsgroup (see
below)

rtlToronto8: Buy the Batteries in Bulk
--------------------------------------
Saturday, June 9th, 2001 - Lillian H Smith Library, Toronto

rtlToronto8 marks our sixth Lego Robotics Competition, this time
featuring an insanely simple yet difficult game of strategically
shunting blocks in a robot turf war.  Robot designers from
across the province will bring out autonomous Lego creations based upon
the Lego Mindstorms system to compete against each other!

Find Out More:
--------------

Complete rules and location/time information are on our website:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/

Also, help us advertise by printing out a flyer and posting it up
at your office, school, church or community center:

for Train1:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-052601-poster.pdf

for Robotics8:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-060901-poster1.pdf

Finally, chat and discuss with us about robot design, train
engines, or almost anything Lego in our Lugnet newsgroup:

http://www.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/

Hope to see you there!

Chris Magno
Calum Tsang