 Events / 2083
2082  |  2084
Subject:
Brick Bash 2007 a Great Success!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:18:16 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Brick Bash 2007 a Great Success!

Brick Bash is a public LEGO building exhibition and educational event held every March in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA (but keep an eye out for possible future geographic expansion). The purpose of Brick Bash is to present a FREE educational event for the public, give AFOLs a place to show off their slick stuff to the public, and to raise awareness of Bricks for Brains, a non-profit organization that presents educational, hands-on LEGO building exhibits.

Here are some highlights of the event:
  • For the second year in a row we increased our attendance by 50%, with 1000 visitors, which means we have out-grown yet another venue.
  • We introduced two local builders to the world of displaying their MOCs.
  • We provided free robotics lessons to dozens of kids.
  • We had a community-built Moonbase colony, where familes from around the area tried their hand at Moonbase modules, and brought them to the event to add to the AFOL’s modules.
  • Large tables of loose LEGO, Bionicle and Duplo were extremely popular.
  • Press coverage before and after the event (finally).
  • Sponsors who made it possible to have the event and to keep it free for both the public and exhibitors.
I would like to express a big “Thank you!” to the AFOLs who exhibited this year. In the absense of their unselfish expense of time and money to come here, this event would be pointless! So, in no particular order (that is, I resisted the urge to list Buckeye fans last):
  • George Albercook of Rocks and Robots (who was also one of our sponsors)
  • Troy Cefaratti
  • Ken Cefaratti
  • Chris Daniel
  • Steve & Matt Hassenplug
  • “Purple” Dave Laswell
  • David Lorch
  • Eli Neiburger
  • Chris Leach
  • Bryan Bonahoom
  • Benjamin and William Collicott (my personal favorites)
Please forgive me (and notify me!) if I left somebody off the list, and I’ll rectify it.