 Events / 2023
2022  |  2024
Subject:
Bricking Bavaria wrapup and Billund visit...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 05:41:44 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

I have only recovered from my trip (way too much going on) but wanted to show some pix of some great models at Bricking Bavaria:

The interior (work in progress) of the Frankfurt Train Terminal. Even at this point the model is beautiful. The builder’s name is Reiner, but I don’t know his last name.

If you were a minifig onboard Malle Hawking’s aircraft, you could see this:

If you went upstairs, you would have been able to play with the Technic Crane:

And if you went in the MINDSTORMS room, you would have been able to play with the one armed bandits:

The next day I was in Billund on business - BrickJournal business. And I was also able to visit the Idea House, or what I call the LEGO archives. And I saw:

very old sets, and

very new models!

You can read more about Bricking Bavaria and the Idea House at my blog.

Many thanks to Juergen Bartosch, and the many people involved in Bricking Bavaria, including Malle, Christian, Christina, Dominique, Volker, Klaas, Rick, Reto, Rene, Axel, HoMa, Lilly, Arnold, Michael, Tomas, and everyone else at the event (hey,I met a LOT of people). I had a great time and your hospitality was greatly apppreciated!

Also many thanks to Jan Beyer and Tormod Askildsen of the LEGO Group for their continuing counsel and support of BrickJournal.

Later,
Joe Meno
Editor/Publisher, BrickJournal