 Events / 1907
Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 11:50:32 GMT

In lugnet.events, Anthony Sava wrote:
This reply is not targeted at Jake or any specific person.  It was just
convenient to reply to Jake's post.

Well, I thought I'd be done with this thread, but it looks like I'm going to
have to put out a fire before it explodes.  I really don't want to log on to
lugnet and find someone belittling me saying "I can't believe you said that,
you're a moron for thinking that cause I was there and you weren't."

For some reason people are taking this sentance:

"Quite honestly I can't see how any one person spends thousands of man hours on
putting a single Brickfest together"

To mean:

"Putting on Brickfest is easy and a monkey can do it."

If someone worked 8 hours a day, every day, it would take them 125 days to reach
1,000 hours.  Any organizer of a Brickfest-scale event that works that hard is
not utilizing their time wisely, especially since Brickfest is put on by a horde
of volunteers.

I'll believe it takes the head-organizer 100 hours to put on a brickfest.  I'll
even believe 200.

Has Christina spent a cumulative "thousands of hours" on the events in the
history of Brickfest?  I dunno.

But anyone expecting me to believe that any ONE person spends A THOUSAND hours
on ONE Brickfest is severely overestimating my gullability.

Some people seem to think they know every thing I've ever done, and seem to
think I have never been involved with organizing an event.  Some people claim to
know my every thought and detail in my head.  Sucks to be them.

--Anthony

Anthony, I was the one who made that statement about thousands of hours, and if
you look at it, I was saying thousands for Christina, hundreds for Joe. I was
talking about cumulative hours for Christina, and feel confident that over
all the BrickFests, she has spent that many hours. I know for a fact that Joe
spent many hundred. Heck it takes 12 hours to drive from Raleigh to DC just to
check out the event site. Which I am sure Joe did multiple times.