 Events / 1905
Re: BrickFest registration fees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 09:54:38 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.events, Karl Paulsen wrote:
In lugnet.events, Joe Meno wrote:
I will have a chance at the beginning of October. Some things are still
being worked out, such as taxes and fees. I already have a rough breakdown
of costs based on registration, but there is some undefined info, so I would
rather wait until I get the books from the financial staff.

Joe

Very cool Joe,
     Kudo's for your transparency.  As I mentioned, it is my desire to find a
way to attend regardless, but it is nice to know where my $ would be going.

Karl

PS For those of us who would have to fly in, The cost of tickets is a much
higher concern than the registration fee.

And for those of us who would have to sleep somewhere, the cost of a hotel room
is likely to be at least as big a concern as the plane ticket to get there.

And we all have to eat for 3 or 4 days.  That pretty much equals the cost of
$20/day registration.

Yeah, I mean geez, I spent almost $125 on gas for the 2250 miles of
driving I did to/from/around BF, so the $60 in reg was piddling.

Not to mention I saved more than the reg fees Thurs night at the Lego
store by far ;-)

And the buffet during the voting absolutely *rocked*.  Great buffet, and
saved me time driving around figuring what to get for dinner.

--
Tom Stangl
* http://www.vfaq.com/