 Events / 1876
    Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Joe Meno
   (...) I will have a chance at the beginning of October. Some things are still being worked out, such as taxes and fees. I already have a rough breakdown of costs based on registration, but there is some undefined info, so I would rather wait until I (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Karl Paulsen
     (...) Very cool Joe, Kudo's for your transparency. As I mentioned, it is my desire to find a way to attend regardless, but it is nice to know where my $ would be going. Karl PS For those of us who would have to fly in, The cost of tickets is a much (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

         Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Steve Bliss
     (...) And for those of us who would have to sleep somewhere, the cost of a hotel room is likely to be at least as big a concern as the plane ticket to get there. And we all have to eat for 3 or 4 days. That pretty much equals the cost of $20/day (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

         Re: BrickFest registration fees —Thomas Stangl
     (...) Yeah, I mean geez, I spent almost $125 on gas for the 2250 miles of driving I did to/from/around BF, so the $60 in reg was piddling. Not to mention I saved more than the reg fees Thurs night at the Lego store by far ;-) And the buffet during (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Kelly McKiernan
     (...) Thanks for letting us know, Joe. Personally, I'm not concerned about it - from my perspective, any profit from BF'06 is yours to do with as you please. I wouldn't care if you took a vacation to Tahiti with it, or blew it on horse racing. (Not (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) Joe, thanks for the info-note. I'm honestly one of those who believe that organizers should be compensated, at least 100% of their expenses (including mileage, phone, plane, etc), but I also hope that Brickfest can start maintaining a "cash (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Jude Beaudin
   (...) snip... (...) Hi Joe, I was wondering if this ever happened? I cannot seem to find any posts to that effect. It could probably be of use to all of those planning several new events this year in the fact that they will have a point of (...) (18 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Joe Meno
   (...) This never happened because I never got complete bookkeeping from our financial person. However, I can give you the following information off the top of my head: BrickFest 2006 got its space by working out a deal with the hotel. For x number (...) (18 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

        Re: BrickFest registration fees —Jim Foulds
   (...) I've had quite of a few people ping me directly regarding Joe’s post about the registration fees for Brickfest ’06. Rather than reply personally to everyone (and to re-direct future inquiries), I thought I should clarify my past and current (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX)