 Events / 1393
Re: Building a landmark, one brick at a time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:17:18 GMT

In lugnet.announce, John Gerlach wrote:
   In honor of the city of Rochester, Minnesota’s Sesquicentennial - their 150th anniversary, we’ll be building a LEGO version of the Plummer Building. The Plummer Building is over 75 years old, and is one of the original Mayo Clinic buildings and is a well recognized and well-loved landmark in Rochester.

A few pictures of the building here.

We’ll be building it next weekend, Friday, September 10th through Sunday, September 12th. More details on the event here.

Our version will be around seven feet tall, and 3 1/2 feet square. We’re guesing around 75,000 bricks. A special “THANK YOU” to Jake McKee and The LEGO Company for providing many of the basic bricks (we don’t know the cost, yet!) and to all the BrickLink sellers that have been just super to purchase from.

Did TLG provide you with Dark Tan bricks? j/k

Best of luck at the event. I look forward to seeing your Lego version of this building.

Most of all, Have Fun!

Best, Jonathan