 Education / 53
Re: My first crack at teaching Lego Robotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 19:52:13 GMT

I have some stuff at http://ldaps.ivv.nasa.gov/Curriculum/

speaking of third grade, the activity that the third grade class that we work
with did last week was "burgular".  The kids set up their RCX's and light
sensors around the room collecting data.  Then someone came in the darkened
room with a flashlight and walked around.  when the kids uploaded their data,
they could track the burgular.

-Ben

In lugnet.robotics.edu, Miles Gentry writes:
In lugnet.robotics.edu, John VanZwieten writes:
I finally get started teaching in my son's 3rd grade class.  I worked with
students teaching them about gears, while my son taught other students to use
the Mindstorms software.  We spent two hours with 10 kids.  I have to say it
went pretty well. • ... snip ...
Does anyone else have similar worksheets or other instruction sheets for
teaching Technics or robotics?

For Technic building:

See printable worksheets at
http://www.weston.org/Schools/teched/middleschool/berwin/gearmath2.html
http://www.weston.org/Schools/teched/middleschool/berwin/gearmath3.html
http://www.weston.org/Schools/teched/middleschool/berwin/gearmath4.html
http://www.weston.org/Schools/teched/middleschool/berwin/handouts.html

See sample lessons that might print at
http://weirdrichard.com/lesson3.htm
http://weirdrichard.com/lesson2.htm
http://weirdrichard.com/lesson6.htm

See printable reference manual at
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/artoflego1.htm
or a better printable version of it in Adobe Acrobat format at
ftp://cherupakha.media.mit.edu/pub/people/fredm/artoflego.pdf