 Education / 125 (-10)
  Attribute blocks

Math teachers for grades 1 - 9 use Attribute Blocks to teach relational logic with math manipulatives. Similarly, we can use Lego blocks as attribute manipulatives to teach relational logic, e.g.,: - Classify blocks and put them in sets. - Identify (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Suggestions for prizes?

Hi all, I'm coaching an FLL team, and we are beginning to have some intra-team competitions as a way to get some practice, etc. before the real deal begins. What I'm looking for are some suggestions for small prizes (I'm not made out of money, or (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Re: Writing A Proposal

In lugnet.publish, Suzanne D. Rich writes: <nifty book> Cool (...) Where in the ULR do we need to insert the /lugnet/, and at what step. For instance, showing us where it goes in the following URLs might be helpful. (or are they not what you were (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.publish, lugnet.edu, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: learning by age bracket? (was.....

Howdy, (...) Yes. About a billion of them. In theory, each state's curriculum standards reflect this. You might want to take a look at the National Association for the Education of Young Children's "Guidelines for Appropriate Curriculum Content and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: learning by age bracket? (was.....

Aside from the thread on gender and learning -- which I'm steering clear of -- what about learning wrt age ranges? Are there any generally-accepted, broadbased guidelines for learning approaches best suited for different ages? this could mean lesson (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Modelling boolean gates with trains

(...) For those of a mathematical disposition, I vaguely remember an article on the subject of building computing logics out of train tracks in 'Eureka' (the annual journal of the Cambridge University undergraduate math society, the Archimedeans) a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modelling boolean gates with trains

(...) If NOT is reversing direction, than 1 is forward and 0 is back. (Or the other way around; whatever.) But I'd be curious to hear how you envision more complicated logic! (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Modelling boolean gates with trains

Okay, this might be totally impossible (or insane or banal), but has anyone modelled boolean functions on a train layout (System or Duplo)? At the moment I'm thinking "train on the line"=1, "not on the line"=0. NOT could be done by reversing the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New

Howdy, ...congrats! I look forward to any questions or insights into integrating Legos into education! Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.weirdrichard.com (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  New

Hi, I just joined. (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact