 Education / 10 (-5)
  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) Generally not. I've built robotic platforms that use a pair of motors to drive the wheels so that the robot can move "straight" or turn in place. I've found that the motors typically have large variations in speed that make the robot veer to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) I had a chance to play with Todd's creation for awhile. It was really cool! (The best part was the 20-foot control tether that he made so that it could be operated from a balcony high above.) I thought the controller was cool too -- to get the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.technic)

  Re: lego Technic "class" ( About Motors )

Todd, the stuff with the motors is Very interesting. A friend has two small motors/generators with cranks that he bought at some expensive educational materials store for about $25 I think. They run small pilot lamps well, and can do the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.technic)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

I've thought about using two motors for steering. Do they turn at exectly the same rate? (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.technic)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) One other idea on that same line of thought -- the very first thing I wanted to do as soon as I got the two motors hooked together and working (which really only takes a couple of seconds) was to make the wire longer -- to put more distance (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact