 Duplo / 98
Re: Winnies A Pooh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 02:49:39 GMT

Rachel Kingston <Kingston@spirit.com.au> wrote in article
OK thats my thoughts, I have been collecting Duplo for years, have an
enormous amount of it and still more to arrive, but apart from the • Sherriff Jake
2434 I have purchased nothing from the 1999 catalogue."
Lets hope that the 2000 range gives us a return to the old quality and
themes >Otherwise I for one will be considering that Duplo is dead, and
will  continue my >quest for all those elusive older sets, and ignore the
new."
K.G.Barlow writes:

I was also VERY disappointed with the 1999 Duplo line. I have been avoiding
it like the plague since I bought the Rescue Centre set with the combined
Police and Fire elements. Sorry to say it but I thought it was a DUD set. I
think the vehicles are not as good in quality ... I also perceived them to
be more flimsy than the original heavy duty, can take anything a kid dishes
out quality you expect from Duplo. My daughter who plays with her Duplo
constantly also tends to leave that set alone and opts for the original
fire Station and Police Houses with the "block" style buildings.I have been
buying "old" duplo sets for a few years now as the older themes are far
more appealing .... OH what I wouldn't give for a new Airport and Plane
Series ... HEY BIG BROTHER ARE YOU REALLY TAKING NOTES ??? :-) I agree they
can ditch the Forest Friends theme ... and while I am NOT a fan of the
Winnie the Pooh sets I did succumb at Christmas time and buy some Pooh sets
for my daughter who loves "the bear of very little brain" SIGH :-\ Much to
my relief Pooh Bear became a resident of the Zoo (where hopefully he will
be gobbled up by a Polar Bear who scales the little red fence pieces
separating them :-) I hope that this is not a future trend to align with
already existing characters (what next Hamburglar and Ronald McDonald
figures ?? ... I will dump all of my Duplo in protest if this EVER happens
!!!) Just my rant on the subject .... so far the new trains and the Clown
figure have sparked my interest in the new line but I will still be chasing
older sets until something really jumps out at me ... The old Jumbo Jet and
Airliner still elude me (any spares floating around out there ???)
Kaz :-)
Karen Barlow <kgb1968@yahoo.com>
http://www.geocities.com/kgb1968