 Duplo / 741
Re: What is the largest Duplo set ever made?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 06:03:01 GMT

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Stephane Simard wrote:

By largest, I mean piece-count wise, not necessarily cost.

And what is the highest-count bulk Duplo bucket ever released?

Well, we can easily find that for sets for which LUGNET has a piece count.
We go to Peeron's Advanced Set Search. . .search with theme DUPLO. . .sort
by piece count. . .sort again to go from highest to lowest. . .
http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/setsearch?Inv=ANY&Inst=ANY&Thumbs=NO&ID=&Name=&Theme=duplo&YearS=&YearE=&PcsS=&PcsE=&FigsS=&FigsE=&MSRPS=&MSRPE=&PagerSortDir=r&PagerSortCol=Pcs&PagerSortRev=0
Looks like the highest piece count is 555, from set 9544 Math Machines Set
(2005).  The highest count for a non-Dacta set is 386, from set 4785 Black
Castle (2005).  The highest count for a bulk set is 250 for the 3599 XXL
250 Tube (2005).  The regular tubs seem to hover around 140 pieces.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/