 Duplo / 664
Re: Duplo Castle set 4776 - and a problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:05:37 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Ben Fleskes wrote:
   I just purchased 4776 from Toys R Us, and it has the same problem - the shields are simply black rather then printed like it shows on the box. I did buy the smaller Knight and Squire set at the same time. The shield in that set is printed.

Thus, I’d conclude the unprinted shields in 4776 is some sort of production error. I plan on contacting consumer affairs for replacements.

I bought set 4776 earlier this week at TRU also. Both of the shields in my set were properly printed.

Ken

snip

In lugnet.duplo, Mark Papenfuss wrote: snip
   Here is the ‘problem’. The picture of the set very clearly shows the shields have a design on them (either via sticker or direct printing). This can be seen in the set picture on S@H here and the box art shows the same both in the set picture and the parts included picture on the top of the box. My set had no design printed on the shields and no stickers at all in the box. The other decorated elements (2 1x2x2 bricks) are both printed with the design and are as shown in the set art.

Does anybody else have this set and can confirm the status of these shields either way? And Lego - you may want to look into this as it appears to be some sort of error.
snip