 Duplo / 617
Re: When did Duplo blocks switch from Lego to Duplo?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:00:33 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Cynthia Baumann wrote:
I just discovered this wonderful website! ***

My son has outgrown his duplo blocks and I'm getting ready to sell them to buy
him regular Legos. Some were bought new for him, some were yardsale finds. Some
are complete sets, most are loose basic bricks. ***

I realized we have a bunch that say Lego inside the little circles on the
brincks--not Duplo like the newer ones. When did this change take place? I want
to be able to give as much info as possible when I sell them. Any other tips I
should know?  Thanks for your help!

I hope I'm redundant in saying that the smaller bricks fit on top of the
Duplo/Explore bricks.  If you're building large scale, they are really helpful
working as filler space on the inside of a project.  However, as I learned from
SCLTC, when you stack a lot of Explore bricks on top of each other, a small gap
starts to form that doesn't exactly match up with a stack of regular system
bricks the same height.

Chances are the molds were changed over time when Lego changed the product name
from Duplo to Explore.

Scott Lyttle