 Duplo / 555
Re: LEGO Explore and independent toy sellers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:38:49 GMT

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message

[ ... snippage ... ]

   [...] The final building block in this turnaround is the development of
   promotional incentive programs based on rate of purchase - including
permanent
   LEGO-branded shelf units, in-store demonstration products, and play
tables."

I sure hope the Mom and Pop stores will be able to get in on this. It
sounds good.  I wonder why there's no press release about it..

-Suz

In my area (Raleigh, NC) it seems that the smaller toy stores have been the
first to get some of the new LEGO sets, specifically the news Racers.  I
have yet to see any of the new sets at Wal-Mart or Target and TRU only has
two of the new Island Extreme sets yet my local Learning Express has the
complete line of Island Extreme sets as well as most of the new Racers sets
(4587, 4588[1], 4589, 4595, 8468, and 8473).  I also understand that
Zany-Brainy has all of the Island Extreme sets in now along with some other
new sets.

The only Explore item I have seen to date is a yellow bucket at Wal-Mart.

YMMV.

Mike

[1] - The "wow" factor for 4588 (Off Road Race Track) from my seven year old
son is very high.  He is saving his money for it.  On another note - the
Orange Island Extreme truck is the first set he has gotten in a while that
has remained intact (not taken apart to build something else) in a while.
He really likes it a lot.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot