 Duplo / 465
Re: I'm back! (In a limited sort of way)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:20:27 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Harvey Henkelman writes:
Anyway, keep us updated- I'm especially interested to see what happens with
your Duplo layout.

Hey there Tony! ever get the chance to perfect the DUPLO® 'autostart'
device? I wonder what new trains they have in mind for this summer? -Harvey

Nope, not good news here.  The original device worked flawlessly (not
counting "prodding fingers from wee ones" error) for at least 20 hours worth
of show time and eventually broke a flex shaft.  Subsequently, shaft life
dropped to something like 4 hours- I went through 4 of them in a single
weekend.  I haven't brought it out again since, and have not had the
opportunity to attempt to redesign it.  One of these days, perhaps... after
I finish my 3 big ships, dance hall, remote-controlled racers, small castle,
freight cars, and new passenger train...  Argh- so much to build!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com