 Duplo / 34
33  |  35
Subject:
Light and Sound elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:22:48 GMT

Hi All :-)
Just wanted to share with you all my disappointment over the Light and Sound
components in this years Duplo sets 2811 fire and police station, 2807 Big
wheeler, 2814 building team.
I had intended to buy all the sets in this theme until I got them home and
checked them out and was AMAZED to discover that the light and sound elements
have non-replaceable batteries, this is the first time EVER I have been
disappointed with the quality of any Lego or Duplo item.
In fact I was so amazed at the stupidity of this that one of the sets went
right back to the shop. (2814-these trucks can be created from elements in
2807 and 2808 anyway)
OK, These light and sound elements can be used after the batteries go flat in
the same way as the previous nonworking "lights" in the older sets, however,
there is nothing on the box to state that they have nonreplaceable batteries,
there is no way for the consumer to know this until after opening the box, and
to cap it all off, the elements are able to be tested by hundreds of consumers
WHILE IN THE BOX!!!!!!! (Due to the "try here" spot on the front of the box)
So its just luck of the draw really, how many times has the light and sound
been used prior to purchase? How long is it going to work for..... days....or
weeks?
How hard would it have been to make these elements openable (surely it could
still be child safe, with a couple of good screws?)
Was any one else out there annoyed that this was not pointed out in either the
catalogue or on the box???? Or is it just me?

Rachel