 Duplo / 318
Re: Duplo train-track standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:54:34 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Dave Low writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Heather Patey writes:
Hi folks,

I was wondering if all Duplo trains ran on the same type of track, or if • there
are differences like big-kid Lego trains.  I got a great deal on a
used <set:2701> a little while ago, and am wondering if any track I buy will
fit it or if I should only buy track from certain sets, and if so which ones.
Thanks for any info.

Hi Heather,

Per Carl Watson's post here: http://news.lugnet.com/duplo/?n=277, any
new-style track should be fine with the old engine and carriages. I don't
think the old track works especially well with new track or battery engines,
but I might be wrong. Cute little set too -- nice find!

HTH,
Dave

Thanks much.  It is a nice set... missing the tipper car but that's not
important to my 3-year-old.  It was a grab bag with a great big baseplate, the
train, a <set:2629>, some big building pieces (see next post) and a giant pile
of Playmobil - not to go to waste! - for $30 Cdn. I was ecstatic to find the
full oval of track present.  I'm going to keep an eye out for some points and a
crosstrack or bridge to make it do something besides go round and round.  My
engineer tends to derail it frequently though... it doesn't seem like she's
being overly rough, but the wheels keep jumping the rails.  Maybe just a little
practice is in order.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey