 Dear LEGO / 898
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 11:19:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:
Questions have been raised recently regarding our stance toward the
publication (scanned and posted) of our catalogs, both those intended for
consumers and those for retailers.

[mega-snip]
And if material was once available (through normal
navigational means), but no longer is, than it, too, is out of bounds.

We hope that this answers all of your questions (for the moment, at least!)
and kindly ask everyone to respect this policy.

-- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct
legodirect@lego.com

Hi Brad and welcome back.

One major question:  Your statement above: "material was once available
(through normal navigational means), but no longer is, than it, too, is out of
bounds." seems to imply that scans of sets that are no longer in
production/available would also be an infringement of LEGO's copyright.  Does
that mean that only scans of currently available sets are permissable??

Ed "Boxer" Jones
www.geocities.com/~edboxer/lego.html