 Dear LEGO / 827 (-5)
  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) modifying (...) Hear, hear! The FX-Star Patroller was one of my largest sets as a child; it influenced years of my own spaceship creation. (And just take a look at the parts that went into those lasers on the bow of the ship... around 13 (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Enhanced verification (was: Re: What the F.......)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Brad Justus wrotes: (...) I've been cogitating on this from a technical standpoint and I think I have come up with a general workable solution, all things considered. I agree that if something can be done, it should be done. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Hmmm... when I worked at a plastic parts plant in Fowlerville, Michigan, we had some new molds come in for the Dodge Neon Battery Box. The molds where around a 2 foot cube (2'x2'x2'). They cost the company around 500,000 each, and we had two (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Yes, TLG does imbed worn out molds in buildings. No, the molds are not hard to make. It is the pattern making that is hard to do (the first mold) I would imagine that the LEGO molds have been done on CAM for quite some time...since the best (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) I think it's fair to say that LEGO's plans with regards to juniorized sets are world-wide. If LEGO wanted to offer juniorized sets for one market, and nonjuniorized sets for another, they would, just as they have released Europe-only and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact