 Dear LEGO / 816
  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) trouble is I dont think people are thinking demand and supply. The reason people are willing to pay so much, is because they are not available. If they were freely available, then they would not be in so much demand. Evidence is that when they (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

Lawrence Wilkes wrote: <snip> (...) That may be true, but I think many non-AFOL parents (who played with Lego as children) would buy the re-released classic sets "for their kids." It might even bring alot of people out of their dark ages. --Colin __ (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) There's nothing quite like nostalga to make people want, nay - need, something. Someone at my work saw my offer on the internal newsgroup to buy any childhood LEGO from them and contacted me, ready to sell. I made the mistake of pointing them (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)