 Dear LEGO / 80
Re: Lego Meta Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 21:05:53 GMT

James Gowell writes:
In article <36758A03.9D1422FF@appstate.edu>, main@appstate.edu says...

I have been following the discussion on RTL about re-issuing older
sets. • [SNIP]
BUT, what if Lego were to come out with "meta
sets" aimed at the collector's market.  These sets would include a CD
with all the building instructions for a particular era's/theme's models
(e.g. LEGOLAND TOWN 1978-1985).
[SNIP]

Well, I don't see why they don't just make grab bags.  Why worry about • shutting
off the molds after running 10,000 new (insert piece here)  Just let it run,
take what you need for your sets, and then you can take whatever pieces are
around and get them out there.

Why would they want to do that when they have us buying $30-$50 kits
just to get a few of the parts we want?

Robert Wallace
robertw@netcom.com