 Dear LEGO / 5552
5551  |  5553
Subject:
Building inequality one sexist stereotype at a time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 00:21:21 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’ve read with interest the “Building equality one female minifig at a time” thread started by CL Janey. There’s some interesting discussion there, though I do wonder if there isn’t a motive not quite as noble as building equality in the solutions which involve including extra pieces in sets...

However i thought I could turn to Lego Magazine Issue 2 2007 (Australian edition, if that matters), for some relief from the angst and worry of the equality discussions on Legnut. Sure enough, the magazine provides useful information on Lego’s product, including set measurements, but then I turned to page 8, and read the description of Toha Mahri Kongu as:

...double blasters will make any Barraki run away like school girls!

I think there’s a way to go for Lego yet...

Cheers

Richie Dulin