 Dear LEGO / 53
Dear Lego: More Trains and Classic Town Stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 04:10:02 GMT

Dear Lego,

    I thought I'd send a Dear Lego letter, even if no one will ever answer
it or even read it.  I'd like two things:

    a) More Trains.  European style ones (like the old 77xx seris) or even
North American freights and passenger trains.  Anything but these futuristic
4559 and 4561 models.   I love sleek trains like the Metroliner, but they
have to be well rounded with good stuff like doors (not cargo modules!),
seats and most important of all, good design style!

    Also, they have to be cheap-$120 Canadian is great, $189 (Canadian TRU
price) is not...also, track needs to be available in retail outlets and at
low cost ($7-10 per 8 piece box, not $18.99 S@H MSRP!)

b) More classic style Town stuff (Town from 1983 to 1993 or so) is required.
I'm sure you guys have all heard the comments about how derivative Town Jr.
is.

Calum
PS-I will gladly help lead this design change effort if you care to hire me,
as would any of the Train and Town fans in the Internet Lego community!