 Dear LEGO / 5289
    Re: MegaBloks —Benjamin Ellermann
   In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Noeckel wrote: snip (...) According to Jake, Vikings will be available from Shop at Home in North America. These sets just became available on many European SAH's and will probably be at US SAH soon. I do agree that not (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: MegaBloks —Richard Noeckel
     (...) Yah, but i was wondering, or secretly hopping that it'd reach mass retail in the U.S. and Canada! I recall now that it might have been pushed back a year in our market... What i'd really like are some definitive answers regarding product (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

        Re: MegaBloks —Chris Givan
   (...) I'm not positive about this but I heard the other day that LEGO Viking Sets could be found exclusively at Toy's R Us.... ah here it is Eric Olsen: Q:Why did LEGO wait till 2005 to make vikings? A: scandinamvian humbleness... we did not think (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: MegaBloks —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) Heh. Actually, they had a handout at BrickFest created especially for TRU having Vikings in October. It was a pretty cool ad with some neat graphics. If I was really cool, I'd post pics of it. But I am not cool. I am lame. ;o) Vikings ROOL!! (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Vikings —Erik Olson
     Here's the full answer: Erik Olson: Why did Lego wait until 2005 to explore a Scandinavian theme with Vikings? Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: There's several answers to that. One is I think there's some Scandinavian humbleness-- we did not think anybody (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: MegaBloks —Benjamin Ellermann
   (...) All of this information is correct. Please note than when I posted on this thread in early July we did not know when the sets would be released in North America and I was pestering Jake for more information (which he did not have yet). Check (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)