 Dear LEGO / 515
514  |  516
Subject:
2000 Catalogue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:47:43 GMT

Oh, and how come I had to go to see this at Kevin Loch's site.

Surely it would have made more sense if you had sent me a 'Catalogue Launch'
email, complete with a little Flash intro, and a link to the catalogue at
lego.com.  I'm sure I registered at your site at some point.  And if I
haven't, someone in web design needs their bells in a sling, because I go
there often enough (just in case there is something interesting to see).

And once you've shown me the catalogue, offer to sell me the sets by mail
order/credit card.  Pay your Australian operation a commission to keep them
happy if you have to, but take the damn sale.  I'll bet there would be a
large number of people who would pay a deposit in order to secure an early
delivery for new release sets, even if its months away.

And if you haven't set pricing for Australia yet, sell it to me in Yen or
Kroner or Pesos or Rupia or Pineapples - I'm smart enough to work it out
(umm, pineapples could be a little tough, anyone know the exchange rate?).

Use some of the savings to leverage up the retailers cut from the sales they
_do_ make, and they won't have a problem - same profit from less sales.

This stuff isn't rocket science, its mud simple.

And I really do like the 2000 catalogue.  I guess my eagerness is showing
eh?

Richard
Still baldly going...