 Dear LEGO / 514
513  |  515
Subject:
2000 Catalogue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:04:18 GMT

Since Todd has now gotten me into the habit of pretending to myself that TLG
might be even remotely interested in what I have to say, I thought I might
drop an electron or two about the new catalogue.

I read the 1999 catalogue with next to no interest apart from the Star Wars
stuff.  The second release of Star Wars had a few good points.

My point is that I'm not one to get carried away by a new catalogue.

However, there is stuff in the new catalogue that looks very good.

The dinosaur and arctic themes look interesting and most of the Star Wars
stuff looks great. The Millennium Falcon looks a bit tacky, but the parts
are there, so I think I will enjoy making it over.  Star Wars model team
looks extremely cute.

While not of interest to me personally, the new technic sets look great, and
the cycle slizers look like an improvement.

The football looks interesting, and the raised roadway will improve many of
the Lego cities around the world.

So even in areas which are outside my interest, I can see some smart
thinking.

Congratulations.

I guess part of my positive reaction is that I see some changes which seem
to reflect the interest of some of we older folk.  It makes me think that
maybe we're not completely on the outside.

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/