 Dear LEGO / 509
Re: Three Cheers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 21:42:43 GMT

"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:[...]
4. Recognition of the adult robotics-hacker/hobbyist subcommunity
----------------------------------------------------------------- • [...]
"Our goal in releasing the Scout SDK," the page says, "is to continue to
stimulate experimentation and invention within the MINDSTORMS community.
Or in other words, let you play with the same toys we get to play with."

HAH!  Tell that to those AFOLs who don't have Mindstorms, and want to build
models shown in the Lego books, or seen at any of the Legolands.

Sorry, my cynical side showing again - I won't be able to "play with the
same toys" they "get to play with" until they offer BULK PURCHASING, and in
colors that are not available in sets (but ARE available, as they are in
LLC models).

So I'll give half a cheer for now.  When The LEGO Group actually starts
listening to us about LEGO BRICKS, I'll maybe cheer a bit more ;-)

Not that I'm bitter, I'm just very frustrated.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/