 Dear LEGO / 4948
Re: Knight's co-pack $30 TRU special
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:19:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson wrote:
   TRU has a $30 co-pack of Knight’s Castle Wall and Vladek’s Siege Engine ($20 ea. at S@H). I got that “Ooh, new Lego set” feeling and bought one.

SNIP

I got the same set, & though i wish the wall pieces were like the classic castle wall pieces, i’d say it’s a decent set with good playability. when i built it i remembered this set:

6062 Battering Ram

& realized that this could be the LEGO Co.‘s way of releasing a remade legend. I always wanted to get 6062 when i was younger but never had the money, or when i did have the money, the store didn’t have the set. anyways, i’d say the new set does a good job at capturing the playability of the original, & the new 2pack does have enough pieces to make a nice little tower & other midieval vehicles, so i’m not so dissapointed i didn’t get 6062; i kinda got a reasonable substitute now. the lesson? Dear LEGO: do more sets like the new knights 2pack, but with a higher piece count & those pieces should be more basic/classic pieces/figures to keep set price down.