 Dear LEGO / 4926
    Worn Tyres and Rusty Rails —Mark Bellis
   Jake, please would you put in a request for replacement train motor tyres to be made available separately, so that I can replace ones that have worn down through normal use. I suggest a pack of eight, and I will buy quite a few packs since I have (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Worn Tyres and Rusty Rails —Mathew Clayson
     (...) Mark, I've had the same problem with the track. And had several damaged by mice droppings, they nested in a box of track! I had to use steel wool to remove the strains. I strongly recomend Satainless steel wool, the standard version will (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Worn Tyres and Rusty Rails —Thomas Stangl
   (...) I would note that all 5 10001s I got in the discount sale had yellow rails - every last rail was badly oxidized. I was not happy about that, but considering the price I got them at, I may not call Cons Aff about swapping them. (...) You can (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)