 Dear LEGO / 4895
Re: Shop @ Home website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Chris Gray wrote:

I know my browser is ancient and nobody really cares about it, but there is
one thing I've noticed that likely ought to be fixed.

There are some places where it looks like a string is being supplied from
a database or something, and used in some Javascript. In that Javascript,
the string is in single quotes (apostrophes). Sometimes that substituted
string has an apostrophe in it, and the net result is unbalanced quotes,
which my browser whines about. I don't know Javascript, but I'm guessing
you need to double the apostrophe in the contained string, or do some
other escaping of it.

Hi Chris,
Ideally, we would like to support all web browsers and operating systems.
However, due to business decisions and resource constraints, we are limited to
officially only supporting the most popular browsers (IE 5+ and NS 6+).  This
covers 99% of our user base.  Unfortunately, that means that some Mozilla,
Opera, etc. users do get left out in the cold.

That being said, if you supply some specific URLs and error messages, I'll see
what I can do...
--Jarid

Jarid B. Lukin
E-Commerce Business Manager