 Dear LEGO / 4863
4862  |  4864
Subject:
Dear LEGO, do you realize what is happening?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:05:47 GMT

I'm concerned about the community.  I've read, in the past years, many threads
about how people didn't like this line or that decision, but never as much as in
the last few months.

One would think the color change is the only reason.  It certainly is the major
point of concern of this community, but the minifigs not being yellow on some
lines or the click-hinge conversion (which I didn't even realize since
yesterday) are only 2 examples of the many decisions that people are upset
about.  Sure, there are those who'll say LEGO is *just* a toy, that we are
ranting for nothing, etc.  But to me, it seems that the problem is deeper, more
serious.  I think we, as a community, are no longer seeing LEGO as a friend, but
rather as an acquaintance.  Let me explain what I mean.

Not so long ago, I would tell anyone how great the LEGO toys are, how amazing
the S@H service was, how cool the products are and how amazing it is to be able
to talk with other people about my passion.  But since the color change, my
passion has gone downhill.  Decisions are being taken by a big company and some
guy gets to tell us why, but only after the decision is final.  It's like a memo
being sent to every member of Lugnet by LEGO saying : "We know2 you exist, but
honestly, we are making toys for kids, so whatever you do or say, it doesn't
matter really, kids won't care about the color change or other bad decisions and
even if they did care, they won't act about it.

I'm affraid not that thi scommunity will disappear.  It won't happen.  What I'm
affraif of is that this community isn't getting its fair share or respect.  We
get a comic book on AFOLs, little kits for events and a presence at BrickFest by
TLG, but what we are truly desiring, we won't get it.

I'm not boycotting LEGO products.  I tried, but I couldn't resist.  I love htese
little platic parts that fit perfectly together.  I love to build, see other
people's  MOCs, share ideas, etc.  But I consider the LEGO Group a friend no
more.  Because they didn't listen to us, because they didn't warn us, because
they are ignoring us.

I still think LEGO should go back to original colors, whatever the costs.  But
that's just my opinion.  I'm not sure it's worth anything since I'm an adult...

Terry