 Dear LEGO / 4767 (-5)
  In Praise of TLC

Sure, I'm not too happy about the change of greys, though I think in the long run the new greys will prove to be a better color. But I wanted to offer a little reality check here... If Mattel suddenly changed Barbie's hair or eye color, would they (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.color)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

Not only is Playmobil creatively generic, but the boxes only picture the contents in a variety of ways. The pictures, as they say, speak a thousand words. I find myself saddled with a huge LEGO collection, but often wishing I had invested the money (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

(...) I think that's why most of us loved the sets from the 80-90s period. There were only a handful of themes (Castle, Town, Technic, Space, Train, Basic) and there was so much room for creativity. Not saying that we can't be creative now, but (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

(...) You're right, but that's not quite the point-- An Alpha Team set can still be integrated into the rest of your collection. An onion dome piece can still be used as an engine on a space ship. And a Harry Potter head can be any other figure with (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

(...) Ah, would that this were true. EA publishes the Lego software. We do not develop it. I wish we did!!! .Steve "Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway!" (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact