 Dear LEGO / 4670
4669  |  4671
Subject:
New Casle Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:54:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

My 8 year old was building castles this afternoon with a friend.  Later he came
up to his computer and logged onto the Lego Website and sawthe new
"castle"figures.  He was less than thrilled. He has built Bionicles and Bionicle
like things (though the ever changing topography of Mata Nui leaves him a bit
confused), however, castle is castle and these were not "castle."

In an effort to cheer him up, I showed him the toy fair photos with the upcoming
Castle sets and his reaction was:

"They should have kept the old ones."  - Daniel age 8

So much for appealing to the younger buyer.

His favorites from the "old" sets are the "Forest Guys"

Of course, we are talking about an informed consumer.  This is someone who
builds his own castles and historically accurate siege engines (based on
illustrations from various reference books - he just got one of the Osprey
series while we were at the hobby shop getting rocketry supplies for Cub
Scouts).

John H.