 Dear LEGO / 4542 (-20)
  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Okay, then when LEGO said they would be dropping their electronics and movie tie in products, exactly what did they mean by "electronics" then? Mindstorms has been, afaik, LEGO's chief electronic product recently. We have two apparently (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Dear John, Have you seen Jake McKee's statement? "... Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all technology products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as consumers gain new technology knowledge and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Has the 4400 tub been discontinued?

Has the 4400 tub been discontinued? I have yet to see it stocked at Toys R Us. And I hesitate to pay the inflated $22.00 at KB Toys. Yet FBTB has a posting saying Lego said it was discontinued: (URL) anyone else had a confirmation of this? Besides (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

I wrote Michael Anderson (firmware guru at TLC) expressing my concerns about the future of Mindstorms based on the recent press regarding TLC's financial woes. I asked him if he could reassure me. He said, "there are some very interesting projects (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) If TLC is trying to control costs and return to profitability, they will want to cut products that have a bad profit margin for them. This would likely include Star Wars and Harry Potter on the basis of licensing fees and specialized part (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

let's don't make things worse than they really are if we think "the core" is brick and nothing more then we should think TLC will stop producting plates which is stupid so IMO technic is a patr of "core" the same with liftarms (studless beams) "the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

"Jeff Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message news:HrCCrt.1A8G@lugnet.com... (...) products, (...) in (...) change, (...) a part (...) that it's (...) returning to. (...) days' (...) it; I (...) Well all I can say is that, if (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) SNIP (...) Technic is a theme of semi-specialized pieces, but they're so widely used in other themes now (racers, Star Wars, etc.) they've become an extension of standard elements, so I doubt Technic is leaving. the theme name may change, but (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TLC to stop making Mindstorms/Movie sets?

(...) Getting finished with the software & licensed stuff i can understand, If software companies want Lego games, they could pay Lego for a license fee. I hate to see SW & HP go, 'cause they're are cool, but if it's hurting Lego now, move on. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Stop it before it is too late.......

Dear Lego, With a clear shake up of the company at the highest corporate level...... Please take this opportunity to correct a grave mistake. Do away with the new grey and brown colors immediately. This is a change that has no reasonable explanation (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Mini-fig scale P-51 Mustang Moc

(...) I don't know if I would really call this MOC "economical"; plates & tiles are used almost exclusively in its construction to achieve the level of detail & accuracy. When I take it apart (not until after its LDrawn) I will count the number of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: The new greys: White will be next

(...) I think the new light grey looks fine with white in the 4494 mini Imperial Shuttle. I don't yet have an opinion on how the new bluish dark grey looks with white. I hope they decide to keep both the old neutral dark grey and the new bluish dark (...) (21 years ago, 25-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Suggestion for TLC: sell large bulk boxes of parts

Basicly, I am thinking something that is basicly a large box filled with random parts. Perhaps, be a little more specific and have e.g. techic type parts in one thing and other parts in another. I know I would love one filled with technic parts or (...) (21 years ago, 20-Dec-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Knights Kingdom

(...) Maybe they are right handed, but the image has been mirrored. It wouldn't be the first time someone in marketing decided an image looked better the other way around. I recall a Kit-Kat billboard they had here for a while that showed a mountain (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Knights Kingdom

(...) I'm always able to quote from a Rob Reiner movie to prove a point: "I have a confession to make." "And what is that?" "I am not really left-handed." (Transfers sword to right hand, they continue fighting...) "I also have a confession to make." (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Knights Kingdom

(...) I found it, well..., rather..., er..., sinister. :-) (responders should probably FUT to o-t.pun ++Lar (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Knights Kingdom

(...) I think it was the Lego designers, playing in their Lego genetics laboratory...(grin). I'll bet the thought never crossed their minds. Either that, or I'll bet the minifig just had one of their hands full first before picking up another item. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Knights Kingdom

(...) Maybe whoever designed the set was left-handed and felt snubbed that all the minifigs put out before now have been right-handed. Maybe all the special "Knights" are left-handed due to belonging to a special order. Ben M. (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  New Knights Kingdom

Dear Lego (call me a geek if you will) Is there any reason why the new Knights Kingdom action Figures are all left handed ? The pictures of the minifig sets have all the figs wielding weapons in their right hand (as they always have), the comics in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Quality issues with part #6205 (was: Problems with set 10124 Wright Flyer)

(...) I wonder how common problem that may be. I have 2-3 pieces (slope 45 inverted 1x2) which don't like to be put on any other part. Their 'jumping power' is that high, that it even tears the model apart until enough parts are put around to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact