 Dear LEGO / 4492 (-20)
  Re: Petition against permanent color changes

Grey is for castle walls, Grey is for Space ships, Grey is for Town Churches, 'new-Grey' is for inconsistency... Don't fool yourselves TLC, Kids WILL notice and say: "Mommy look, it doesn't match." And that's just the effect on the youth, on anyone (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) Well, if I understand the tide of sentiment here on LUGNET (as well as the corporate Newspeak dished out by TLG), you need to maintain a special perspective while exmining this issue: When LEGO demonstrates wide (and random) variations in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) And to be fair, my experience with Mega Bloks consists of picking them out of yard-sale lots of LEGO, so I've really only dealt with MB pieces that are relatively old and worn. I must admit that more than one recent MB set design has caught my (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) I have to agree. I'm holding a chunk of dark gray blocks from a recent MB set and they all stick together very well, the colors of the various parts match and the bricks themselves line up nicely so that surfaces that are supposed to be smooth (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) Hi, Ducks: I haven't trumpeted the virtues of MEGA BLOKS for about twenty minutes, so I'm long overdue... Whatever else one might say of MEGA BLOKS, it must be admitted that they have always offered a wider range of colors than LEGO. I would (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) What about the new / replacement colors is "low quality" ??? Is the ABS used in those colors of lesser quality than the "old" greys? Or are you just upset that LEGO is following the lead of another company? James Wilson Dallas, TX (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) Well that was the case 4 or 5 years ago. As of 2 to 3 years ago Mega Bloks is much improved. Only the occasional 1x1 part suffers this problem now but there are usually 10 to 20 extras so you can get one that makes the model work. I am very (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) This would not be unprecedented. After all, New Coke was an attempt to make the product taste more like Pepsi. (...) There's an easy way to identify the MegaBloks -- shake the model gently and see which pieces fall off! - Chris (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  New Poll regarding new colors

I slapped together a (URL) poll> about the new colors. PLEASE sound off! James Wilson, Dallas, TX Lugnet Member 1783 (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Dark Gray Track

(...) Ya know, if they're gonna change the track color and obsolete all the old track, perhaps Lego should take advantage of the change and make the leap to DCC. Don (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

If you dare, write to them!!!! As I have seen, petition runs here on LUGNET. Many peole are thrilled some way. There is also feeling of betrayal and some craving that TLG doesn't listen to AFOL's alhough it's 5% of the market. If you dare, spend 80 (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Recycled Lego

(...) WHICH grey genius ? READ the thread. (...) In lugnet.general, Adrian Egli wrote: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Recycled Lego

Well if you actually READ the article, it is clear that they mold whatever they wish, as the granules are used in the standard process. And the colors are grey and black. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) That was my initial thought on seeing the new dark gray, too. Now it won't be so obvious when Lego and Mega Bloks are blended together in a MOC. :-P Mark (ducks) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: New colors and other info

My concern is more with brown going away. Brown was a neglected color. For years, Lego did not make a 1x4 brick in this color, and hasn't made a full set of brown bricks available in a bucket or bulk pack. It was impossible to get the right slopes (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Recycled Lego

In lugnet.general, Adrian Egli wrote: (URL) (...) Wonders what LEGO molds with the new bricks ? Plus what colours are the result ? (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) While I agree with this, what keeps adults buying Lego instead of the cheaper clones which have appealing set designs than when we were kids? The answer is brand loyalty. The parents played with Lego when they were kids, not MegaBlocks. These (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) Now I haven't actually seen the new grey colors in person yet but based on the pictures it looks like LEGO is now matching their light and dark grey colors to the ones Mega Bloks uses. Now if the new colors are in addition to the existing (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: An Idea About The (Now) Old Colors.....

I agree 100% with Mark. C'mon TLC, throw us a bone on this one. Give us back the greys and keep the basic colors alive! Replacing colors on us is a huge mistake. -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I thought the holes in the minifig heads were for safety reasons, to prevent choking if a child were to attempt to swallow them. I think I saw that mentioned in a LEGO book somewhere... C (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact