 Dear LEGO / 4478
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:03:46 GMT

My concern is more with brown going away. Brown was a neglected color. For years, Lego did not make a 1x4 brick in this color, and hasn’t made a full set of brown bricks available in a bucket or bulk pack. It was impossible to get the right slopes to build a common Lego house. (Nearly so for gray, or dark gray, even worse for most basic colors.) And just when a few more brown slopes appeared (SW Mini AAT) brown is at the end of its life.

If Lego cares about its color palette, find a way to get elementary pieces available in the current color palette. This means bricks, slopes, and plates. It would go a long way toward establishing the new colors if those who want to could get a working collection. The current bulk offerings contain the right ideas, only with gaps.

I feel sympathy for those whose favorite color combinations are discontinued. Mine was brown and tan.

-Erik