 Dear LEGO / 4326
Re: Dear lego, please make some fire trucks...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 05:47:20 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
This is just an idea for a possible "world city fire" type theme.
Not that I would personally buy such a thing (since I dont like red) but I
know it would be popular.
Sets in the theme from biggest to smallest:
Fire station with lots of equipment, some computer bricks and so on for the
dispatch system and mabie a small fire vechicle

Hook+ladder truck with big tall ladder or mabie cherry-picker boom thingo
and various accessories

Pumper truck with loads of hose and various decorated parts with valves,
gauges and other stuff

Hasmat unit with breathing gear, oxygen equipment and cleanup stuff

Rescue/first aid truck with all sorts of rescue/medical gear (like jaws of
life, paramedic gear and so on)

and for the smallest model, a Fire chiefs car with a fire chief

Feedback appreciated...

Actually, when I saw that "World City", with the exception of the pretty
fine train sets, only consisted of Police or Police-type (the Armored Car
is a Security vehicle and not a police department vehicle), I thought that
they might carry the line to other (well-worn) aspects of the city, like
construction, gas-o-line (Octan), or the fire station.

I'm hoping that (if) LEGO makes a Fire Station, "World City styled", that
it is made with like 2 bays and that it is made to go with the Main Street,
built like the old halls in Chicago or New York City, built into the side
of the building.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ben