 Dear LEGO / 4315
Re: A Discovery Mars question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:02:11 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
When these were shown at BW, it struck me that the impression given by Jake
and Brad was that the foamboard was preproduction rather than production. But
it could have been a deliberate misimpression or I could be misremembering...

     I don't really know one way or the other as I never bothered to ask.  I had
about four hours of photography ahead of me, and I was just trying to get as
much variety of info during my 45-minute tour as I could (mostly about Bionicle
and Star Wars, of course).  They looked a lot more finalized than the
Snowtrooper helmet, so I didn't really think much about whether or not they were
prototype pieces.  And now that I think about it, I can't remember if they were
foamboard or if they were corrugated plastic.

(I tried to suppress some memories in that general time vicinity since I
managed to dislodge some pieces from that model on display and didn't manage
to get them back on correctly... :-) )

     I wouldn't be too worried about that.  Last year at TF, Jango Fett's Slave
I had the rotational wings switched (so did the display model that I saw at the
local Target a few months later), Cahdok/Gahdok from the Bionicle line had their
attack mechanisms inadvertantly disabled, and this year at TF the mini Republic
Gunship was missing most of one of the engine pods.  And that's just the stuff I
noticed.